BASIC is dedicated to protecting the client information we use to provide services. It is BASIC’s responsibility to guard the individually identifiable information and other nonpublic personal or financial information of our clients. This is an overview of our commitment to our practices in protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Individual information that we collect, maintain, and use while administering services for our clients. For some of our services, BASIC creates, maintains and transmits protected health information (PHI), as defined by HIPAA, on behalf of our clients, BASIC has put in place additional administrative, physical, technical and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and integrity of PHI as well as all personal information.
- We work to protect your information by using industry-recognized security safeguards along with carefully developed security procedures and practices. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and federal standards. We use both internal and external resources to review our security procedures. Your sensitive information is encrypted when it is transmitted to us.
- We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our clients or former customer clients to anyone, except in strict adherence as permitted or required by law.
- We limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our clients, which includes advising our clients about our products, services and to administer our business.
- Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information. We ensure that employees comply with our established privacy policies and procedures, which exist to protect the confidentiality of individual information. Employees will access information only on a business need-to-know basis. We educate our employees on the importance of confidentiality and privacy. Employees who violate our privacy policies will be subject to the disciplinary process.
- We do not reveal individual or client information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in a disclosure or an agreements, have been authorized by the client or individual, or are required by law.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- We do not use or share personally identifiable health information for any purpose other than the administration of an individual’s account; as disclosed to the individual when the information is collected or to which the individual consents.
- We summarize information about individual clients and we also combine that information with that of others in a way that does not identify a specific client individually to understand how our products are used and to deliver products and services.
- We may use third parties to provide products and services who are not allowed to use your information for their own purposes.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone for any purpose.
Information We Collect:
- We collect personal information such as your name, billing address, e-mail, and phone number when you interact with us to use our products.
- We collect personal information to deliver or allow access to our products and services.
- We collect information about your system as it interacts with us such as your IP address and browser information.
- We use common Internet technologies, such as cookies and Web beacons to manage our websites and services, advertising and e-mail programs.
- We may collect user feedback, community discussions, chats and other interactions, such as surveys.
- We may obtain additional information about you, such as demographic information, from commercially available sources.
Your Access and Control Over Information
- You may opt out of any future marketing and/or sales contacts from us at any time.
- You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
o See what data we have about you, if any.
o Change/correct any data we have about you.
o Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.