DATE: Thu, Nov 19, 2020
TIME: 2:00 pm EST to 3:30 pm EST
Register for the webinar here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Request a recording here if you are unable to attend the live session.
Catherine Rische, BASIC’s compliance officer and in-house counsel, reviews the springtime COVID-19 related changes to Cafeteria Plans and COBRA. While regulatory changes can be confusing, don’t worry! As a frequent BASIC webinar presenter, Catherine breaks down complex regulations into understandable pieces with practical application.
Join us for this free educational webinar that will cover:
• Health Coverage Mid-Year Election Changes
• Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA Mid-Year Election Changes
• Unused Amounts in Health FSAs and Dependent Care FSAs
• Health FSA Carryover Amounts
• Change in Eligible Expenses (OTC & Menstrual products)
• COBRA Deadline Extensions
• Employer Best Practices and Next Steps
• Practical Direction for Preventing Common Errors That Could Result In Significant Liability
Cat will present for 60 minutes regarding the above topic. We devote the remainder of the time to Q&A and information regarding BASIC’s FSA Administration. Approved for 1.0 HRCI and 1.0 SHRM-CP advanced credits for HR professionals worldwide. Credits are for live attendance only.
Agents and brokers are encouraged to invite their clients that are looking for a reliable, experienced compliance partner.
Presented by Catherine Rische
Cat is the Compliance Officer here at BASIC. She has extensive experience working with employers and ERISA plan sponsors as an employee benefits attorney. Her umbrella of experience includes, but is not limited to, strategic benefit design, and technical legal compliance under ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, LMRA, FMLA, and MHPAEA. She holds an LL.M. from the John Marshall Law School in employee benefits, a J.D. from the DePaul University College of Law, and a B.A. from Aquinas College.