The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently launched a new, consumer-focused HealthCare.gov website. With the clock ticking towards open enrollment in the new Health Insurance Marketplace, the site provides educational tools designed to help Americans understand their choices and select the coverage that best suits their needs.
Between now and the start of open enrollment a 24-hour-a-day call center will provide educational information and, beginning October 1, 2013, consumers will be able to complete applications and plan selection.
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said, “The new website and toll-free number have a simple mission: to make sure every American who needs health coverage has the information they need to make choices that are right for themselves and their families – or their businesses.”
Key features of HealthCare.gov include:
- Functionality – create accounts, complete an online application, and shop for qualified health plans
- Accessibility – for Spanish speaking consumers CuidadoDeSalud.gov will match HealthCare.gov’s consumer focus
- Responsiveness – access the site from your desktop, smartphone or tablet
- Integration of social media and sharable content
- Web chat to assist consumers