Managing multiple employee leaves can present a huge drain on human resources in companies of any size. Between 4% and 10% of U.S. employees are absent on any given day according to Employee Benefit News, September 2010. Many of these leaves are left undocumented, which means employers do not have complete data on the number of leaves, and the duration of the absences is inconsistent in the way leave requests are managed. The decision to outsource absence management allows employers to depend on BASIC’s experienced professionals to evaluate requests and grant or deny leaves based on federal and/or state requirements. Thus, BASIC’s consistent and standardized approach will free up time and resources for your HR Department.
BASIC’s Absence Management Service is designed to function around the absence (call off from work) and track reasons and the absence frequency. This service is also designed to administer actions in conjunction with the call inclusive of FMLA, State Leave Requirements and/or employer leave polices. BASIC’s Absence Management and FMLA systems are designed to simplify employer administration and improve employer efficiency. The employer achieves greater ability to manage employee absence data, in order to help schedule staff and identify absence patterns by department (day or by employee) with real time information and historical absence data.
BASIC’s Absence Management Service Allows:
- Substantial reduction in Employer Absence Management Administration time. BASIC’s Absence Management system requires less than 1/3 of the employer time for absence management administration with significant improvement in absence record keeping and time spent coordinating work responsibilities.
- Perfect for single or multiple location companies.
- Toll-free number for your employees to call 24/7. Employees receive a confirmation number to verify that they called off work.
- Supervisors & HR have immediate notification via the dashboard and e-mail messaging to employee call off information 24/7.
- Ability to manage replacement workers, know all employee call offs by work group and/or location seconds after the employee call off from work is completed.
- Call off reports by employee, department, work group or location are readily available by supervisors (for their work group), administrators and managers for the entire organization.
- Provides uniform and consistent absence record keeping with proven effect and outcome on improved employee attendance at work, union grievance, unemployment, FMLA, other LOA programs and Department of Labor claims.
- Initiates FMLA and notifies possible FMLA qualifying event.
- Prompts and provides notification on first report of work injury and lost work time due to an existing Workers Compensation / work related injury.
To view more on BASIC’s Absence Management Service, visit:
To request a proposal for Absence Management, visit: