Ensuring Data Security at BASIC
BASIC security is top notch. We want you to know that your data is safe and secure, so we put together a list of some of the precautions we take. The following are measures we are taking with regards to data security:
Each of our administration software vendors offer encrypted and secured web sessions, data storage and data transmission for full protection of personal health information, personally identifiable information and when applicable debit card account information.
Our payroll service provider offers bank-level encryption, making it more secure than industry standard payroll service security.
Our ongoing security and privacy awareness training program provides all our employees with clear and concise instructions for accessing, storing, transmitting and safeguarding PHI.
We have an attorney on retainer to work with us to ensure we are meeting all legal requirements regarding security and privacy.
Our Business Associates Agreement (BAA) reflects the HIPAA changes put into effect through ARRA/HITECH, specifically to state our responsibilities with regards to a PHI breach.
Data Security and Continuity Measures
- In addition to supporting encrypted FTP and secure FTP for data exchange, recently we implemented a secure transfer website to allow our clients and business partners to securely submit data to BASIC and for BASIC to securely send files to our clients and business partners.
- We also use a third party software solution (ZixMail) to enhance our encryption capabilities to guard against unauthorized access to PHI that is transmitted through email.
- A thorough data security assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities of our systems are performed annually by a third party security assessment firm.
- We operate a full data backup and redundancy and have 100% emergency power generator backup to enable continuation of critical business functions.
- We utilize a secure data destruction program for all paper documents containing personally identifiable information.
To speak with a representative to learn more about our security and your data, contact BASIC today.