Deadline for Furnishing Statements Extended from January 31 to March 2
IRS Notice 2018-06: Deadline for Furnishing Statements Extended from January 31 to March 2
- The IRS has extended the deadline for employers, insurers, and other providers of minimum essential coverage to furnish the 2017 forms 1095-B and 1095-C to individuals. The due date is now March 2, 2018.
- The due date for filing the 1095 forms with the IRS was not extended; the February 28, 2018 (if filing by paper) or April 2, 2018 (if filing electronically) due dates still stand.
You can download a copy of the full IRS notice here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-18-06.pdf
The IRS will NOT be waiving penalties for 2017 reporting. Don’t fall victim to enormous fines! BASIC is a compliance company first and foremost, with 28 years’ experience working side by side with clients, agents and brokers.
BASIC ACA Filing Experience
Each ACA Elevate client will be assigned a dedicated Account Manager from our compliance division.
- Self-insured and Fully-insured
- Mid-year benefit renewal
- Multiple companies filling as a control group
- Union and Non-union Environments
- Aged Banded
BASIC ACA Elevate dates to remember:
Due to this extension, we have extend our ACA workbook deadline. If BASIC does not receive your clients uploaded workbook by February 9, 2018, we cannot guarantee that BASIC will be able to meet the IRS March 2, 2018 deadline for providing 1095 forms to employees.