BASIC Payroll & Timekeeping assists employers in navigating three critical aspects of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Our solutions help you to determine your ACA classification status, manage employee hours for “Full-Time Equivalent” classification, and meet reporting requirements under section 6056. BASIC’s Payroll & Timekeeping services deliver developed reports, tools and dashboards to ensure compliance with the ACA.
BASIC’s Payroll & Timekeeping Clients will be able to:
- Determine the Applicable Large Employer (ALE) status
- Assess whether employees are required to have healthcare and its affordability
- Report on forms 1095 and 1094 (B or C)
Automated Timekeeping is one of the best ACA tracking tools available for Employers!
- Employers are given the tools to help manage your ACA status and reporting requirements!
- Avoid unnecessary audits, penalties, and tedious administration by using an automated timekeeping system that can conveniently track employee hours and indicate your “Shared Responsibility” status.
Employer Requirement! “Large” employers with over 50 full-time and “Full-Time Equivalent” (FTE) employees will be required to provide “affordable, minimum value” health coverage to full-time employees (30+hours).
- Employers can quickly determine your current and ongoing “Large employer” classification status. Are you over or under the threshold of 50 Full-Time & “Full-Time Equivalent” employees? This will determine your IRS and ACA “Shared Responsibility” exposure.
- Manage employee hours in advance to avoid exposure. Identify when part-time employees will cross over 28 hours, 30 hours, or another defined count of hours per week.
- Employers will be able to track your employee’s hours (by work week or month) to meet potential IRS requirements.
Employer Requirement! Employees over 30 hours per week or 130 hours per month will qualify for employer-sponsored “affordable” health care.
- Validate your status as a small employer (25 FTE’s or less) to qualify for health insurance tax credits.
- Manage measurement periods. Easily demonstrate hours worked per week or month by employee over your “Look-Back” and other measurement periods.
Below are examples of work week and work month reports generated from BASIC’s Timekeeping service. They give the full-time, part-time and full-time equivalent counts for employers. The reports can be customizable, employers can change their look-back period and change the number of hours you use to determine a full-time work month.
Example of Weekly Reports- Determined hours of full-time (FT), full-time equivalent (FTE), and non-full-time (NONFT) employees:
Example of Monthly Reports- Determined hours of full-time (FT), full-time equivalent (FTE), and non-full-time (NONFT) employees:
Don’t get bogged down with the new ACA and IRS obligations. BASIC’s Payroll & Timekeeping with ACA capability makes it easy to determine the impact ACA will have on a business. With 26 years of IRS/DOL compliance experience, you can rest assured.
Request a Quote & Learn More about BASIC’s Payroll & Timekeeping Solutions, click here.